Care Instructions Post Your Dental Implant Placement
Are you seeking affordable dental implants in Dumfries? Well, you're in the right place. Dental implants are an effective solution for chipped, broken, or missing teeth. The dentist places an implant surgically, which mimics the other teeth.
However, being a surgical procedure, there are some post-treatment care instructions you should consider. And this is what this blog is all about. You'll find some standard care instructions after having a dental implant in Dumfries. So, if you just had a dental implant installed, read along.
4 Care Instructions After Dental Implant in Dumfries:
Here are some standard care instructions you need to know about:
- 1. Discomfort & Swelling:
- Swelling and bleeding to some extent is expected after the treatment. You may also notice red saliva near the implant area. In case you feel pain, you can go for mild painkillers like ibuprofen. And if the swelling is not relieved, you can apply some ice to the region.
- 2. Drinking & Eating habits:
- You should stick to soft foods after a few days following the surgery. You should prevent hot liquids, hard and spicy foods. You need to continue this for about 3-4 days after the treatment. After that, you should be able to return to your regular diet.
- 3. Oral Hygiene/Care:
- You need to carefully manage your oral health after the treatment. Overenthusiastic cleaning might slow the healing process. Gently brush the next day after the surgery but omit to rinse. Rinse with lukewarm water the following day to speed up the healing process.
- 4. Prevent Any Additional Problems From Appearing:
- Dental implants never usually fail. And in the cases when they fail, it's majorly because of trauma or poor eating habits. This can make the treatment hard rather than solving the problem.
So, make sure that you refrain from any physical activity which can hurt your mouth. Also, if you're a smoker, quit smoking completely or at least for two weeks after the treatment.
What Is Something Bizarre That Happens After Dental Implants in Dumfries?
In case your dental implant falls off or is causing too much discomfort, you should connect with a dentist like Dr. Hayat Najafe at Fredericksburg & Montclair Family Dentistry. Whether it is due to your error or that of the dentist's, you should visit the dentist soon in case of a problem.
Who Offers Affordable Dental Implants in Dumfries?
Dr. Hayat Najafe at Fredericksburg & Montclair Family Dentistry does. Dr. Hayat Najafe offers reliable and effective affordable dental implant treatment in Dumfries. Also, the dentist provides his patients with post-treatment instructions too. So, contact Dr. Hayat Najafe now for reliable dental implant placement. For more information call us at 540-548-8878 and schedule an appointment today.