How to Recognize Dental Emergencies?
It is crucial not to agitate if dental emergencies occur on a weekend, a holiday or at unearthly hours. One must, in the first place, be capable enough to recognize and differentiate between a dental issue that is customary and a genuine dental problem that is an emergency.
Dental emergencies: What are they?
A dental emergency can endanger your health. If a dental problem requires immediate attention to arrest bleeding, ease unbearable pain or rescue a tooth, it can be categorized as a dental emergency. This categorization can be extended to include infections that are severe as well.
Essential questions to ask yourselves:
If you encounter any dental problems, interrogate yourselves with these essential questions to determine whether you need to hurtle to an emergency dentist Dumfries or not:
- Is the pain severe? Extreme pain combined with bleeding are symptoms of a dental emergency.
- Have you lost your tooth? Rapid availing of the treatment is necessary to rescue a tooth.
- Are you experiencing loose teeth? This is a weighty issue even if it occurs without pain.
- Are you facing a serious infection with visible swelling or knots on your gums or mouth? An infection or an abscess can transform into grave dangers if you don't avail emergency dental treatment.
- Is bleeding occurring from your mouth? A bleeding mouth has every potential to worsen into an emergency.
Customary dental emergencies and some techniques to handle them:
A knocked-out tooth:
Pick up the tooth by touching the crown. Make sure the roots are undisturbed. Rinse the tooth carefully but keep away from scrubbing it. Reinsert the tooth back into the socket or get to the emergency dentist in Dumfries with the tooth placed inside a tiny container containing milk.
If a painful fracture is bothering you, cleanse your mouth with warm water first. After that apply a cold compress on the face to bring down swelling. Avoid the usage of painkillers and visit Dr. Hayat Najafe and Dr. Mazin Farah at Fredericksburg and Montclair Family Dentistry immediately.
It can cause tooth sensitivity, fever, toothache, swelling and a bump on the gums. An abscess can spread to the jaw, neighboring tissues and other areas. Visit an emergency dentist at Fredericksburg and Montclair Family Dentistry to prevent a life-threatening situation.
Who is the best emergency dentist near me?
You must have a convincing answer to the above question. If you experience a dental issue outside standard office hours, approach Dr. Hayat Najafe and Dr. Mazin Farah who practices at Fredericksburg and Montclair Family Dentistry for immediate care and undivided attention. They are the best emergency dentist in Dumfries.