All About Dental Implants in Fredericksburg: Types, Procedure, & Cost
If you are considering replacing your teeth - a few of them or an entire set, you must opt for dental implants from Fredericksburg and Montclair Family Dentistry where Dr. Hayat Najafe practices, without any second thoughts. Read on to gather reliable information about dental implants in Fredericksburg.
Types of Dental Implants:
There are two categories of dental implants in Fredericksburg:
They are affixed usually in the jawbone or the jawline. Processed out of titanium, they are configured as tiny screws. Endosteal dental implants are popular and availed by numerous patients.
Unlike endosteal, the subperiosteal dental implants are not affixed to the jawbone. They are positioned either below the gum or up above the jawbone. They are employed for those individuals who have a vulnerable jawbone.
Some other choices as per the strength of the jawbone and the requirements are:
- Mini dental implants.
- Dental implants categorized as Immediate load.
- All on four dental implants.
Dental Implants Treatment in Dumfries:
- Uprooting the damaged tooth.
- Jawbone Grafting: If the jawbone is vulnerable, grafting is performed for a strong foundation.
- Affixing the Dental Implants in Fredericksburg: The gum will be surgically cut to expose the bone. Afterward, holes are drilled in the bone and the positioning of dental implants follows.
- The Bone Growth and Alleviation: After the placement, the jawbone should be allowed to grow back for better integration. This is called Osseointegration.
- Abutment Positioning: It includes a minor surgery. The gums are reopened. This reveals the dental implants. The placement of an abutment follows. The dental crown will slip into it.
- The Positioning of The Artificial Tooth: After the healing process, the impression of the teeth and gums are extracted to make realistic replacement teeth.
The Cost Involved for Dental Implants in Fredericksburg:
The price for abutment, the crown, and the implant ranges from $5000 to $8000. The average rate for one tooth implant varies between $3000 to $4500. The material employed and its quality, the complexity of the procedure, region of placement, experience of the dental surgeon, etc. determine the cost.
Following evaluations are necessary to ensure the overall safety:
- A comprehensive dental examination.
- The review of records revealing the medical history of the person.
- Planning the entire treatment.
Complications Post The Procedure:
- Gum and skin bruises.
- Severe pain.
- Bleeding: even a minor one.
- Swelling gums or even faces.
Consider visiting Fredericksburg and Montclair Family Dentistry where Dr. Hayat Najafe practices, if you want to affix dental implants in Fredericksburg call us at 540-548-8878 and schedule an appointment today.