Benefits Of Dental Implants
Getting dental implants are one viable option if you need to replace lost teeth. dental implants are a good long-term solution for replacing lost teeth. however, they can be costly. if you are still having trouble deciding if you want implants or not here are a few things to think about.
- Implants are better than dentures and bridges: Bridges can make teeth weaker and more prone to decay because they require filling two adjoining teeth, while dentures can have fitting trouble and be uncomfortable. Dentures can also interfere with taste. Implants are long lasting and have no physical effects.
- Implants can be expensive: Some places charge anywhere from $3000 to $4500 for just a single tooth. Implants are also rarely ever covered by insurance because your dentist will usually send you to an oral surgeon, periodontists, or prosthodontists. However, you can consider it a long-term investment and prorate the cost over the rest of your life. $3000 over 20 years doesn’t sound so bad, does it?
- Not all implants are equal: The best success rate for implants is the original Swedish company. There are a few other types of implants as well but they have not been studied as extensively. It is best to ask your doctor what implants they use and what the implants success rate is.
- Convenience: Dentures are a common solution to missing teeth, but the care and inconvenience of dentures are not always mentioned, not to mention the messy adhesives necessary to apply them. Bridges aren’t so bad, but if the fillings damage the teeth, over time you may spend more time in the dentist’s chair than you bargained on.
- Timing helps: If you schedule your procedure for the end of the year then schedule your appointment for the crowns for the next year this can help save money by using two years worth of your pre-tax flexible spending account.
- Appearance: Dental implants are the closest thing you can get to your own teeth. Once affixed, there are there permanently, improving your appearance and speech with no special care on your part.
As you can see dental implants have many benefits. But if you are still unsure about dental implants call Fredericksburg & Montclair Dentistry at their Montclair Office: 703-441-2044 or their fredericksburg office 540-548-8878 to see how they can help you decide what’s best for you.